"I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
but it is my chief duty to accomplish small
tasks as if they were great and noble."
Helen Keller

Monday, September 6, 2010

Recipe Card


Good morning!


I have entered my first, ever 6x6 recipe card swap. So here is my finished project. I was going to use a recipe that was my great grandmother's but as I was reading the recipe some things didn't quite make sense. I even called my mom to ask her about it and she was unsure...LOL! So I decided I'd better use a recipe that I had made before and knew was tasty. I already had the grandmother image (from TGF) colored and figured I would use her anyway...even though this not great grandma's recipe. Will have to try making great grandma's recipe some day and maybe I can use it in a future recipe card swap. I added the stamped strawberry (Tart & Tangy-SU) since the recipe calls for strawberry preserves. These fruit bars are so easy and very tasty.


Happy Labor Day everyone!

7 comments:

MiamiKel said...

How cuteeeeeeee! I'm loving your curiousity of your gma's recipe and your mom's uncertainty, lol ... that's how I cook! I do it all the time - I can cook from pure memory but don't ask me to write it down, ROFL! THis is sweet - very soft and pastely :)

April said...

I adore that Gma image!! Your cards are delightful!
I was reading your post out loud and Mike wonders if you are sending some bars for him to sample?? LOL

Michelle said...

Adorable! I love the grandma image. The recipe sounds yummy!

Lorie said...

Awwwww, what a sweet recipe page! I love that image, too, and dare I say that now you'll be hooked on recipe swaps? I sure was after my first one! Your card is wonderful, and will be the hit of the swap! Great job!!

Love ya,
Lorie

Melina said...

love it! what a cute image! :)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

ADORABLE!!! I love your recipe card! I think you've done an amazing job!!!

Terry Ladwig said...

Sounds yummy! The card is a cute one too!