"I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
but it is my chief duty to accomplish small
tasks as if they were great and noble."
Helen Keller

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Time to Duel



Well it's the 15th of the month and you know what that means...it is time for the Dueling Darlings to duel it out.

I apologize my post is late...but I am sitting in Hawaii with my husband and well, I am on island time!!!

April was our hostess this month for the Dazzlers. Our outstanding kit included, ribbon from Michael's, self adhesive pearls (in teal and gray) from Michael's, along with patterned paper from ColorBox, and the cute image from Close to My Heart.

Recently, I have been involved in a couple of ABAC swaps and am enjoying making things other than cards. So I used my kit to make a matchbook treat holder. Being that Valentine's Day was just yesterday, I used the cupid image, and tucked a Butterfinger heart into the matchbook. Thought the sentiment was appropriate for the candy!

Well...back out into the sunshine! Thanks for looking.

9 comments:

Barb said...

Love your project--your Dazzlers are all so darn creative! Hope you are enjoying the sunshine and warm weather!

April said...

WOOT WOOT - great card with this kit! Can't wait for the Duel to begin again!!

Hope vaca is going great - don't get too much sun!

Terry Ladwig said...

What an adorable project! Very cute "valentine", I wish I was in your class :-)

Happy Belated Valentine's day!! Glad you're having a god time in the sun!!!

Carol W said...

What a great idea Lildj...love this and it is so darn cute. What a great little giftie...AWESOME JOB!!!♥♥♥

:: BlueInks :: said...

Great ABAC! I like how your details made the project. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

~Paola~ said...

woww girl...
I am amazed and impressed that you are posting even while on holiday!!
Such a sweet,wonderful matchbook holder project too...mmmm...
I wonder who that chocolatey treat was for! *wink* ♥

MiamiKel said...

Ohhh this is giving me a sweet tooth it's so cute! Lovely treat holder - this paper is gorgeous and such a clever idea! Welcome home!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Yum! YUM! How cute is this, and tasty, too!!! Clever idea!!! You did an awesome job with the DDD this month, as you do every month!

Melina said...

How pretty! love it :)