"I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
but it is my chief duty to accomplish small
tasks as if they were great and noble."
Helen Keller

Saturday, August 27, 2011

"Sew" Glad Were Friends







This month's Calendar Girls theme was "Sew" Glad Were Friends. The challenges were to use some kind of stitching on the card, at least one button as an embellishment, and the sentiment "Sew" Glad Were Friends. We also are to send our card to a friend and tell them how much we appreciate them and that we are "sew" glad they are our friend.


I used Poppy Parade, Garden Green and Very Vanilla cardstock. My designer paper is Material Girl from Cosmo Cricket. The image and sentiment on the inside of the card are from a retired SU set called I Like Your Style. The sentiment on the front of the card was made using a small snap stamp set from Joann's. I used my sewing machine to stitch together my cardstock and designer papers. (I need more practice.) I added my green button as required and some great ribbon that looks like a sewing tape measure. I found this ribbon years ago at a local scrapbooking store but do not know who makes it.


I am sending this card to someone who over the past couple of years has been a wonderful friend and prayer warrior as well as an encourager when I have hit some stressful times. She is a wonderful gift from God! I hope she likes my card.


Thanks for stopping by and please check out all the other Calendar Girls' creations. Links to their blogs are in my sidebar.

8 comments:

April said...

What a fabulous card!! I must admit that my sewing machine isn't accessible at the moment....ut oh....

That dp and ribbon just make your card!

Thanks for encouraging us SEW much to do this!

MiamiKel said...

Get out!! This is SEW adorable - this is one of my favorite papers, and I never thought to use it, ROFL! SEW wonderful to see your card inspiration! THis is one fabuluos challenge- hope I didn't do too badly on it, but thank you for challenging us make SEW-ch a cute card! x0x0

Terry Ladwig said...

I love it Debbie!! Love the papers you used and the image. The sentiment on the inside is great too!!

Thanks for a great challenge and I am SEW glad you are a Calendar Girl!!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Debbie, your card is SEW beautiful! I am totally impressed with your skill... look at you sewing with a real sewing machine! I really do want to do that someday, but keep shying away from doing so. I always seem to have an excuse not to do it. LOL! You are my inspiration... I AM going to do it someday.

Your papers are gorgeous and that mannequin is a great image! Love everything about your card!

Thanks for a FANTASTIC challenge this month. I had SEW much fun with it!

Carol W said...

Oh Lildj...what a great card. I love the image and the sentiments...the dsp colors and layout are TDF...great sewing...(I was nervous about this so I cheated...lol by faux sewing)...What a great challenge and sew much fun....You have made me work outside my comfort zone and you always have such GREAT IDEAS!!! Thanks so much for being my friend and inspiration....Well done my friend.♥

Barb said...

WOW--You sure rock the challenge--and it was your idea! I love, love, love this card. Perfect sentiment inside too. Great papers and I love all of the embellishments. Way to go! I really enjoyed this month's theme!

~Paola~ said...

WOWZER DEB!! this card is SEWWWWW rocking! I absolutly LOVEEEEE all the d/p U used as background...not too cluttered and just PERFECT as is the stamped image too! (I totally forgot I have this old set too!!!!!:/)
Your card is SEW beautifully layered and everything detailed to perfection also. GREAT challenge...love it when someone nudge me gently to think out of the box..and you did just that! **THANK YOU for an amazing challenge this month**

:: BlueInks :: said...

Sew I am pretty sure that I will never be sewing on my cards with a real machine, but I love the look!

You made such a cute card. I love the DP's and image. They are perfect together.

I promise to get my card going really soon!!!!

Great job!