"I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
but it is my chief duty to accomplish small
tasks as if they were great and noble."
Helen Keller

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Christmas In July


Wow!!!  It's the 28th already and that means the Calendar Girls are posting their creations.  Our hostess, Carol, chose the theme Christmas in July.  The card I made is one I cased from a card I made last year at stamp club.  But I thought it was such a great Christmas card.  And I have the pieces stamped and cut for many, many more so that I can send them out in December for our family card this year. 


I used:  Always Artichoke, River Rock and Very Vanilla Cardstock (SU); Artichoke Seam Binding (SU); Penant Parade and Heard from the Heart stamp sets (SU); small heart from the three heart paper punch (retired SU).  It is hard to see in this photo but I did use a Cuttlebug embossing folder on the vanilla cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by and please check out all the Calendar Girls' Christmas creations (see my sidebar).

9 comments:

April said...

I love the heart as an ornament. Goes so well with the sentiment!!

Carol W said...

I love this card and how you have put the Christmas tree on the frame folder...great job Lildj...♥♥♥

~Paola~ said...

aww...such a cute card lil dj!!
I must confess my card has a tree as a focal point too...encased inside an embossing folder as well...eeheh...lol kind of funny eh? great minds thik alike...;o)
I love the untraditional beige color U used here...the addition of the lil red heart makes this beauty totally pop. TFS ♥

Darlene said...

Oh how sweet, Debbie! This card will be well received by your family and friends. The embossed frame is really a great detail, and the red heart is so cute! I love that sentiment set from SU, one of my favorites.

Barb said...

What a sweet card--I love the little heart and the framed tree is so cute. I am glad you have lots of these parts to make more--it is a great card!

:: BlueInks :: said...

These colors look great together. Very cute card. I especially like the heart ornie!

MiamiKel said...

Oh so lovely!! I love the classic elegance to your card - and the lil heart just stole MY heart! Gorgeous kraft color - good call! x0x0

Terry Ladwig said...

Love the simple, easy to reproduce layout! This is a great card Debbie!

Great job on this months challenge!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Wow! This is a great card! I love the way you made the Christmas tree!