"I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
but it is my chief duty to accomplish small
tasks as if they were great and noble."
Helen Keller

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Dueling Darlings

It's September 15th and that means it is time to post my card for the Dueling Darlings monthly duel. 

This month the theme was as follows:  KEEP your extra items! That's right! From this month on, when you complete the Dueling Darlings cards, anything you DON'T use, keep it in a SAFE PLACE 6 months from now, after all the duels from all the divas and dazzlers have passed us by and September rolls around, that is what you will use! From the papers, to the ribbons, to the buttons to the all of left over, that will be your kit!

So here is  my card using leftover designer paper, white ribbon, white brads and the orange embossed "rays" paper.  I added the sentiment.  The sentiment and die cut shapes around it are from a set I bought from My Favorite Things quite some time ago and had been wanting to use. 


Please visit all the Darlings blogs to see their creations (see my sidebar).  Thanks for stopping by.  Have a relaxing weekend.

11 comments:

Terry Ladwig said...

I really like this card Debbie! Love the bright colors and how you put it all together!

Love it ☺

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Deb, this card is so colorful and fun! I love it!!! And I love you will all my heart, too! ;) Thank you for giving us a great idea for this month's duel.

Barb said...

Debbie--this card just brought a huge smile to my face. I love the sun rays and the colors just pop!

I loved you challenge this month--and thanks for being a wonderful part of this group of ladies!

MiamiKel said...

Wow, this is a bright and beautiful card with so much festivity and fun! We love you with all our hearts!

Thank you for an outstanding challenge - I had more fun with it than I imagined I would :)

*Blessings!*

:: BlueInks :: said...

I love these brilliant summer colors! Your card is a ray of sunshine.

Great idea on our theme this round. I am sure it will become a standard!

Melina said...

So cute! I love the bright colors and the way you used the embossed piece! Great card :) Great challenge idea too ;)

~Paola~ said...

woww..such bright, cheerful card...totally awesome Dreb, just like your suggested challenge for this month! GENIAL idea my friend!!♥ Loveeee the fun shape die U used too!!

Carol W said...

wOW, WOW, WOW, what an awesome card and amazing idea you came up with...You are so creative and have such wonderful ideas...I am so lucky that you are my friend and partner...I am blessed beyond words...big hugs my friend...♥

Judy McMullen said...

Wonderful card, Debbie! Love the bright and cheerful colors along with the great design, embellishments and sentiment. Thanks for giving the DDs this super fun challenge...Love it! Thanks, also, for the inspiration and your friendship!!

April said...

This is one of my fav elements all 'season' long! Love how your card came together!

Darlene said...

Debbie, I just love how dramatic and bright these colors are together! The die cut tags for the sentiment are really cool also. You had such a great idea for this round and I'm so glad that I've come to know you through the group! Hugs!!