"I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
but it is my chief duty to accomplish small
tasks as if they were great and noble."
Helen Keller

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Calendar Girls December Challenge

Our hostess for this months Calendar Girls challenge was Kelly and her challenge was as follows:

Blessings to you this DECEMBER! Since we post the 28th of the month, Santa will have returned to the North Pole by then and it will be a wee bit shy for the New Year Growing up in Europe where winters where filled with the beauty of snow and all the splendors of ice, I am filled with joy when I see all things snow. While some of you may long for sunshine and warmth, here in Miami I miss all of that during the holiday season so for this month so let's live vicariously in your creations of a

WINTER WONDERLAND
 
Picture snow-filled winter trees, snow nestled on park benches, fountains and tree branches ... ponds frozen over, icicles in the pine forests ... there is snow-filled glory all around us in the winter I would love for you to use blue and silver on your cards and a snowflake(s) somewhere on your card via paper, design, brad, etc!

I made my card earlier this month at my stamp club and thought it so was cute, I had to share it.  I love, love, love the snowflake embossing folder from SU!  Image and sentiment are both from SU! as well. 

 
 
Please stop by all the Calendar Girls blogs and check out their winter wonderland creations.  See my sidebar for a list of their blogs.  Thanks!!!
 
Happy New Year!

9 comments:

Barb said...

What a sweet card Debbie--I love that cute image and your colors are perfect. I too think that folder is one of the best to use.

Great card for our Snowy Challenge this month!

MiamiKel said...

So sweet, Deb! Love the classic elegance and simplicity of your card - the red really makes it pop! Beautiful all the way around ~ just like you!

Blessings and I hope your holiday was a wonderous one! x0x0

April said...

Beautiful!

I too love that EF! So many winter cards to be made with it!

That wee one is is perfect in the corner! Luv it!

Carol W said...

Oh my goodness Deb this is just adorable...what a cute little image. I love your layout and the way you have pulled this off...just beautiful...

:: BlueInks :: said...

I really like the retro feel of the image and sentiment. The color of green you used is perfect to enhance the feel. That embossing folder is da bomb!

Darlene said...

What a fantastic card, Debbie! The red CS really shows off the richly embossed snowflakes. The hints of green really are pretty and the soft blue with that beautiful script is perfection! I adore those vintage stamps from SU, so cute! Well done!

~Paola~ said...

awww...such an adorable card!!Love this EB from SU...(I have mine for quite sometimes and never used it yet...sigh) Such sweet image U used here...this is such a sweet card and it totally encompasse the beauty of the season...*love it!*

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Deb, your card is soooooooo sweet! I love that precious image and think it's fabulous the way you placed her down in the corner with the snowflakes swirling near her. Great touch with the embossing! I also love the punched border. Very nice feature!

Terry Ladwig said...

That is a cute snowy card you made!!

The girl pulling the little wagon is adorable!

Great job on the cgallenge Debbie!