"I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
but it is my chief duty to accomplish small
tasks as if they were great and noble."
Helen Keller

Friday, July 15, 2016

July Duel

It's time for our monthly duel.  And the Dueling Darlings are getting into the spirit of Christmas early this year.  Jeanette and Kelly were this months hostesses and they came up with the clever theme, Christmas in July.  Jeanette sent the Dazzlers the following kit.

Image/Sentiment - Sugar Pea "Merry Makers"

Designer Paper - Recollections Christmas Noel Paper Pad


Embellishments - Michael's Rhinestones; Michael's Celebrate It Ribbon; Recollections Brads; Target Baker's Twine.  Buttons, Santa Brad & Washi tape from unknown vendors

Here is my card...



Great kit Jeanette.  And great theme Jeanette and Kelly!

Thanks for stopping by.  Please see all the Darlings blogs to check out their Christmas creations.



5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Deb, I absolutely LOVE your card... you did such an outstanding job! I am in awe... loved the way you used the washi tape, too.

Thanks you for dueling with us this month!

~Paola~ said...

Love your card Debbie...the layering is great too as well as the way you colored the cute image...My favorite is the way you use washi tape to hold up the sentiment, inside of the card...I must remember this tip! Thanks for the inspiration! ♥

Carol W said...

Wow Deb, I love the layers on the front of your card. I love the way you colored your image and the inside....great job. I love how you used the washi tape on the sentiment...clever girl you. Great job on this challenge...

MiamiKel said...

How charming! Very cute holiday card - colored gorgeously! I love the way you have framed the lil elf. And the inside with the washi tape is superb!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Look at you all cute with the Washi Tape! The image panel and the placement on the second panel look really good - nice job!