"I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
but it is my chief duty to accomplish small
tasks as if they were great and noble."
Helen Keller

Sunday, May 14, 2017

May Duel

Hello!

HAPPY, HAPPY SPRING!

I am so glad the sun is back and the grass is getting greener!

Judy and I were the hostesses for the May Duel.  And, of course, with anticipation of summer, our theme was May Flowers.

The Dazzler's kit contained...
Images & sentiments: Stampin’ Up! Bloomin’ Beautiful
DP: My Mind’s Eye-Kate & Co."Cambridge Court” Mini Flowers & Bouquet Paper 
Ribbon: Stampin’ Up! Rose Red Grosgrain & Coastal Cabana Stretch Ruffle Trim
Rhinestones & Pearls: Stampin’ Up!
Vintage Flowers adornments: Stampin’ Up!
Blue adhesive gems: Colorbok
Large Pearls: Michaels or Joann Fabrics
Here is my card:

I added Rose Red paper from Stampin' Up!  And used a technique I had not used in years, the "spotlight technique".




Thanks for stopping by.  Please visit all the Darlings blogs and check out their creations (see my sidebar).

Stop and smell the flowers!

7 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Deb... did you hear that thud? It was my jaw hitting the floor when I first caught a glimpse of this amazing card! Sooooo creative! The spotlight technique. The multi-layers of DP. The pearls and rhinestones. WOW! Thank you so much for hosting us this month. Your kit was fun!!!

Tracie said...

Debbie - I loved what you did with the designer paper and what a great idea on the flower. Such amazing talent. Great job.

Barb said...

I love spotlighting with flowers and your card rocked the challenge. Great colors!

MiamiKel said...

Deb! This is so pretty! I love the mixture of papers and the bright bold colors. Great card design!

Love the inside, too!

Hugs!!!

Carol W said...

Deb, this card is amazing. I love the spotlight technique you used on it and the layout is perfect. Wonderful job !!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

How beautiful! I love your spotlight technique and your layout. Your Dp is fab and your embellishments are so pretty too. Thanks for a beautiful kit- I had to make 2 cards- could not stop!

:: BlueInks :: said...

I like how you used the black white and color effect. The display of the DP's looks great. Great card!