"I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
but it is my chief duty to accomplish small
tasks as if they were great and noble."
Helen Keller

Friday, July 14, 2017

July Duel

Our hostesses for the July duel, Paola & Heather, came up with a great theme!  The theme this month is Midsummer Night's Dream.  One of my favorite from Shakespeare.  

Paola sent the Dazzlers a kit that included the following:

DE SIGNER PAPER : 
Graphic45 ( Nature Sketchbook Collection)
* Flora Fascination # 4501476
* Wildflower Bouquet # 4501478
* The Sprinkling Limited Edition Colors c/s stack
STAMPS:
Fairy Sweet by Penny Black ( illustrated by M.Manning) 
Maple Leaf by SU 
Sentiments( sm) by Inkadinkado ( lrg) by Great Impression E655
ACCESSORIES:
* turquoise deco dots and turquoise candy floss by American Crafts
* grosgrain ribbon by SU
* red sheer ribbon ; turquoise jewels ; Bazzil flower blossoms - From my stash
* red and green foliage dies and fairy post die - From my dies' collection

Here is my card:


Since Both Paola and Heather hail from Canada and July 1, 2017 was Canada's 150th birthday, our challenge was to use the maple leaf that was provided in the kit somewhere on our card.  Do you see mine on the front of my card?

Thanks for stopping by.  Please check out all the Darlings creations on their blogs.  You can find their blogs in my sidebar!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

10 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Deb, your card is sooooo cute! And how creative! I love the way you used the bakers twine on the sentiment! I need to remember that so I can CASE your idea.

Tracie said...

Adorable. Nice use of everything that was sent.

terry serman said...

Very sweet card!

Carol W said...

This card is beautiful Deb. Great job on the layout, the coloring and use of your kit...just beautiful...

Shelly Schmidt said...

How sweet! I love the cluster of flowers and vines over the leaf! Your really put this together beautifully!

HeatherB said...

Gorgeous card!! Love it.

Barb said...

Deb--I think this card is so sweet! I love the image and your coloring is perfect! Great layout too and I think the inside is cute too!

Darlene LeTavec said...

Hi Deb, Love your card! Using the bakers twine on the inside sentiment is SO CUTE! I especially like how you incorporated the flowers with the maple leaf. Very nice.

Judy McMullen said...

Hi Debbie! What a beautfiul card! Love those rich colors in the designer papers and your beautifully colored sweet fairy image...So cute! love the way you highlighted the sentiment with the butterfly and trailing twine.

:: BlueInks :: said...

Isn't she just cute?! I like the colors and how you treated the edges of the image. Great job!