"I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
but it is my chief duty to accomplish small
tasks as if they were great and noble."
Helen Keller

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Dueling Darlings


I am finally here but late for the Duel. Just getting back from vacation and the various Christmas preparations for the kids at school needing to be done, I am just now getting my card for this month's duel posted. So sorry to all the Dueling Darlings that I am late!

Our Dueling Darlings group received an awesome kit this month from Terry. We received a kit with this cute snowman image (SU) and some incredible designer paper from Three Bugs in a Rug and Imaginisce. Wonderful embellishments of snowflakes, ribbons, buttons and metal dots. This month's theme is "'My Favorite Things', things that make you happy! In the winter season." After creating our card we were instructed to "think of a few things that make you happy and share them with us!"

So...my happy list includes, first and foremost, that God loved me and saved me!! My husband and children. I am very happy that I can be a SAHM and be very involved at my kids' school. And after the long, dark winter months the sunshine makes me very happy. I love being outside in the sun. Stamping and chatting with all my SCS friends in the morning while drinking coffee is definitely one of my happy places. :) And at this time of year, I love seeing all the Chrismtas lights all over town.

Thanks Terry for a great kit and wonderful theme!!!

Merry Christmas everyone!

6 comments:

Terry Ladwig said...

Love it Debbie! I love your colors and your layout! It's good to see that some used the darker sided paper and it makes such a big difference!! Glad you liked the kit :-)

Thanks for being part of the great big dueling family!!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness, Debbie, this card is too too cute! I love the way you used the designer papers... and colored your image... perfect layout, too! It was well worth the wait to see your card!

Your favorite things list is awesome, too, my friend!

Melina said...

It was worth the wait Deb! This is so cute. I love the colors in your image! :)

Carol W said...

Great card Lildj, way to go. I love it and such a great use of your kit....Like Melina said.....well worth the wait...Have a very Blessed Holiday Season!!! ((hugs))

~Paola~ said...

such beauuuuuuuuuuutiful card Debbie!! I so love the monochromatic look of your snowmen and how U sponged it lightly around the panel's edges and also gave a lil shadow too around the images...
And that gorgeous dark DP really makes the whole image pop!
*Awesomely done my friend!*

:: BlueInks :: said...

Cute card! I love the colors together...a bit different...and totally work!