"I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
but it is my chief duty to accomplish small
tasks as if they were great and noble."
Helen Keller

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Shaping Up for Summer!




That's right...the Calendar Girls are shaping up!!! Well, our cards are anyway.


Barb, this month's hostess, challenged us to make a shape card. And to make one that we had never tried making before. Or, to use a design that we had never used before.


I made a Spring Card. I have seen several of these cards on blogs and on SCS and never tried making one because I thought it would be complicated. NOT TRUE! it was so easy to make and you can find a tutorial on splitcoaststampers under the resources tab.


I used Bravo Burgundy, Close to Cocoa, Marina Mist and Whisper White card stock. My designer paper is by Creative Imaginations called "Old Guys Rule." I stamped the large sentiment/image using Marina Mist ink and the stamp is from a retired SU set called "So Cool." I used Bravo Burgundy ink for my happy birthday sentiment which is from SU's Teeny Tiny Wishes set and for the small words on the image. Stampin' Up! punches and circle nestabilities were also used.




Thanks for stopping by. Have a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend!

7 comments:

:: BlueInks :: said...

A Spring card....who knew?! Lil Miss Resource! LOL You did such a great job. I love it!!! That stamp is just perfect for the DP. I bought that DP with my Dad in mind - I am sure he will be thrilled! The Marina Mist color makes the sentiment pop!

Carol W said...

Cute, cute, cute card Lildj. I love this fold and you did an outstanding job with it...(I have been checking out your blog 2x each day...lol) on my blog it had hinted that it was posted but the pic was not right....and of course the post was not up either...I love the dsp and the front image...(It almost has a feel of baseball)...Great job with this!!! Woohoo lildj...♥♥♥

Terry Ladwig said...

I love it Debbie! I have always wanted to try one of these. The paper and the image go together great....like they were made for each other.

Very cool card :-)

Hugs to you my friend!

Michelle said...

Cute card! I love this fold, and it does look hard. The stamp and paper are awesome! Great job!

Barb said...

What a cutie Debbie! I too want to try this technique in the future and you have inspired me!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Dude! What a fantastic card!!! I love way you used the spring fold. I think it is a diffcult fold to use, but wow! You made it look great!

~Paola~ said...

This is such a FUN fold Debbie!!
I absolutly love it and it springs too??? I love all the masculine colors U used and that big unique
round stamped sentiment U used here...such a versatile card!
Must try it sometimes! TXs for the inspiration!:o)

*PS this is my second comment---have NO idea why my first one, left a couple days ago,did not appear! darn blogger?!*