"I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
but it is my chief duty to accomplish small
tasks as if they were great and noble."
Helen Keller

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hey Sports Fans!


Afternoon!

The card on my blog today is for a swap I am in on SCS. It's a great group of gals that swap cards every month. This month our theme was sports related cards.

Well since my boys are in the middle of a very busy baseball season, I figured a baseball card was appropriate. However, since I am the dedicated mom sitting out there cheering them on come rain or shine...I decided to use the digi stamp, Tomboy Audrey from The Greeting Farm. It represents me out there cheering my boys on!!!! LOL!! I did use the color scheme, red, white and blue because those are the team colors for my oldest son's baseball team.

I saw this great layout on SCS and loved the rosette behind the image. I am sorry I cannot now find the card to give proper credit for the layout. And I did change the layout a little bit. I used Real Red, Whisper White and Not Quite Navy cardstock along with some designer paper from Cosmo Cricket. I used some small circle punches and the Sporting set from Stampin' Up! I embellished with a red button and some Baker's Twine and stitched along the round cardstock behind my image to make it look like a baseball.

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

kadie said...

OOoooh, I love it!! Love the stamp, the colors, the layout--love it all and I'm so excited that I get to keep one!! Wooohooooo! P.S. You're such an awesome Mom, Debbie!!

April said...

Great job on your card!! Our season is about to come to an end...set to play the first place team in the upper division for our first playoff game....not looking good...
Too funny that I am making a baseball themed card too!

Judy McMullen said...

Awesome card, Debbie! Love the layout, the rosette behind the image...It's all fantastic for a fantastic mom...You!!!

MiamiKel said...

OOOOOOOOOOh, Lil Deeh - way to get your sports on! This is daring - she reminds me of Bella in Twilight in the baseball scene :) Gorgeous color palette - glad you have your boys to inspire you with sport! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, m'dear - hope it was a FABULOUS day! You deserve it! x0x0