"I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
but it is my chief duty to accomplish small
tasks as if they were great and noble."
Helen Keller

Sunday, October 27, 2013

October Calendar Girls Challenge

Our hostess for this months Calendar Girls Challenge was Barb.  And her challenge was this:

For me a true challenge is to try a new technique. So--that is going to be the challenge I propose to all of us.

Go to this link Technique Lovers Challenge Forum and chose a new technique to you that has a 1 or 0 in the challenge number--like TLC410 or TLC360 or any more current number.  The technique you pick should be one you have never tried before--and you can go back as far as you want in the forum in the posted techniques to find one to tackle. Please list the number and name of the technique you tried in your blog post. And--to make the challenge a bit harder--you cannot create a card this month! You need to think outside of the box and try a totally new technique along with a project that is anything but a card............... And--for extra credit--make a creation with a Halloween theme!


So I went to the Technique Lovers Challenge Forum and found this technique I had never tried before, created something that was NOT a card and my creation even has a Halloween theme.  And here it is...a Double Pocket Bag!  TLC169.





The sentiment and witch hat is from Whippersnappers.  Ribbon from SU!  Designer paper and buttons from either Michaels or Joann.  Thanks for stopping by.  Please see my sidebar for the blogs of all the Calendar Girls and check out their creations.  

7 comments:

Terry Ladwig said...

Great project Debbie and perfect for a Halloween treat!

Love the papers and your image/sentiment!!

MiamiKel said...

Lovely project, Deb! Such a great idea with this being a season of sharing da candies, lol! Lovely choice of paper, too!

So glad you are a Calendar Girl, my friend!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh how fun! What a cute cute idea... I love the double pocket bag! It has such potential! And yours is just way too cute. Fun paper!!!

I'm so glad you're a Calendar Girl!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Super cute and creative! The project looks even better with the papers you worked with. I love the little ribbon handles. Great job!

Barb said...

What a cute project! I love the papers and the handles are sweet too!

Thanks for playing along with my challenge this month--I hope you enjoyed "thinking outside of the box!"

Carol W said...

Oh Deb, what a great creation you have made for this challenge...your new gdaughter could use it for trick or treating...So very, very cute...Well done my friend well done.

Darlene said...

Wow Debbie! I am going to have to check out this technique - totally great! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. You really rocked this month's challenge, girl.