"I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
but it is my chief duty to accomplish small
tasks as if they were great and noble."
Helen Keller

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Dueling Darlings August Duel

The theme for this month's duel is "Friends are the Family you Pick Yourself!"  Melina was the hostess for the Dazzlers and sent a wonderful kit that included:

Image:  Whimsy Stamps "I Will Carry You"
Paper:  Recollections & Sassafras
Ribbon: Michael's
Buttons: My Favorite Things
Pearls/Brads: from Melina's stash

And here is my card....


Thanks for stopping by.  Please see my sidebar and visit all the Darlings blogs to see their "friendly" creations.


8 comments:

Barb said...

Debbie--what a sweet card. I love the image you guys were sent and the colors are wonderful!

:: BlueInks :: said...

I like that you used the bold DP. It looks really good with the accent papers and embellies. That is a cute image and colored great!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Cute! Cute! CUTE!!! Love the way you colored the image and your use of the bold flower'y paper is great!

Melina said...

I love it! Love how you coordinated your image with the papers in the kit. Thanks for Dueling with me! :)

Carol W said...

This card is perfect. I love the way you used your kit. Great coloring as well. You made the card so fun looking ...Great job my friend. ♥♥♥

~Paola~ said...

love your card, glad that you too used the busiest paper in the kit...lol...nicely done!;o)

MiamiKel said...

Adorable! What a sweet card, colored up to perfection!

Terry Ladwig said...

Very cute Debbie!!

Love how you used the colors in the papers to color in your image!

Very fun :-)